Program and Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Baseline and Situation Assessments
- Icos has conducted baseline studies to several development partners, government and non-governmental organizations to establish baseline information for performance indicators, and generate recommendations that improve development program/project proposals. We also conducted situation assessments to different clients to help them understand existing context that leads to development of appropriate development interventions. The situation assessment ranged from basic and comprehensive and is conducted using widely used methods and tools developed by international development organizations.
- Program/Project Evaluations
- ICOS has extensive experience in conducting program/project evaluations of different development interventions. We have built strong expertise and organizational routines that evaluates the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and impact of projects or programs by utilizing internationally acceptable and standard methodologies with customization to fit to country and organizational context. Icos also has proven experience in undertaking impact evaluation of development projects, evaluation of program for results development interventions, and others.
- Monitoring and Evaluation System Development
- ICOS develops monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks and systems that feed into the development of computerized information systems. We also offer management information system development supports by assessing existing systems in place, identifying information requirements, developing alternative systems, and providing implementation support. Our approach to the development of the M&E system is participatory and consultative involving stakeholders in developing the results framework, identifying and proofing indicators, development M&E plan, preparing data gathering and reporting tools, defining information products and dissemination mechanisms, specifying institutional roles and capacity to manage M&E activities and so on.
OUR APPROACH AND VALUE PROPOSITION
We have a consulting model that creates innovative solutions and builds capabilities at the same time. Rather than tell clients what they should do, we help them discover their own highest-value opportunities through rigorous, fact-based analysis of their sectors, customers, stakeholders, and competitors.
Although every client and engagement is different, the following basic principles inform our approach.
. Evidence-based – We confront each challenge or opportunity without preconceived notions, and our recommendations are based on facts rather than assumptions. Every solution we propose is informed by a combination of in-depth research and rigorous analysis and is tailored to the specific dynamics of the client’s organization. We support our research with the use of proprietary digital data gathering and analysis tools.
. Competence and real-world expertise – Our multidisciplinary team is skilled in strategic management, governance and leadership, monitoring and evaluation, economics, marketing management, information systems, public health, project management, education and training, financial management, and human resource management. Our experts bring real-world experience and hands-on involvement to every engagement. We bring deep sector and industry expertise to each client we serve, gained from both direct sector and industry experience and a wide range of consulting engagements. We use a broad base of experience to analyze problems and provide insightful solutions. Our processes and methods have been refined over the years.
. Diverse network of consultants and regional presence. Solving complex and unique problems that face organizations today demands a wide range of skills and experiences. By relying on a nationally distributed talent base coordinated to work together from the center, Icos brings together the skills required by a particular client. Icos also has a network of specialist consultants, researchers and experienced data collectors at regional capital cities and other larger towns that it engages on project basis.
. Collaborative: Our senior consultants lead every assignment and are 'on the ground' to work together with client teams. This joint team approach is critical to develop solutions that are uniquely tailored to the organization’s needs and to ensure a sense of ownership throughout. Our collaborative approach fosters constructive change in organizations and helps achieve the joint accountability and buy-in required to make change stick.
. Facilitator and Catalyst: We believe that the most valuable contribution any outside adviser can bring is revealing that the capabilities and insights within the organization are capable of producing real change. But we bring fresh perspective to bear on complex issues. We help clients see their organizations in new ways and broaden their sense of what is possible.
. Value-focused and practical: We only recommend what we believe in and what is both pragmatic and actionable. And we’re accountable. We will not take on an assignment unless we are confident that our work will produce tangible results. We don't offer advice that's impractical to execute.